- The Eisenhower Medical Center Auxiliary presents the Eisenhower Five Star Gala Saturday, December 8, at six o'clock in the evening at Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage. Please mark your calendar for a dinner dance and live auction. Proceeds will be directed to the acquisition of a state-of-the-art da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System. Music and Entertainment by Wayne Foster. For ticket information, contact Teresa Hurtig at 760-773-1810.
- One of the most important objectives in health care today is the training and recruitment of primary care physicians — family medicine and internal medicine — to meet the nationwide demand for optimal personal and family care. As one of the leading health care systems in the nation, Eisenhower Medical Center has been vigorously recruiting family medicine and internal medicine physicians to meet the need for primary care physicians in the Coachella Valley. Eisenhower has also created the Center for Family Medicine at the Eisenhower George and Julia Argyros Health Center. Part of Eisenhower’s School of Graduate Medical Education and Research which will begin accepting residents in July 2013, the Center for Family Medicine focuses on patient-physician centered relationships. “I think one of the key points is that family medicine is a specialty. But it’s a specialty that focuses on breadth of care and is centered on the patient-physician relationship,” says Maureen... click for more
Many simple dietary changes may help to improve your cholesterol level.
Here are 10 basic tips to get you started:
Limit high fat meats except fatty fish
• Focus on lean meats such as white meat chicken or turkey or fish
• Fatty fish is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids and should be included in the diet
Limit whole milk dairy products
• Use 1% low fat or nonfat dairy products from cheeses to yogurts
• Substitute low fat milk or soy milk in coffee
Limit intake of egg yolks
• Eat more egg whites and fewer yolks
• Try egg beaters or liquid egg whites
• Try scrambled tofu instead of scrambled eggs
• “Stretch” eggs with 2 additional whites to every 1 egg click for more
- Sending words of encouragement to a loved one in the hospital is now just a click away! Spearheaded by Eisenhower Medical Center’s Foundation department, the Send a Smile program is a simple way to put a smile on a patient’s face. The process is easy and completely free. Patients’ families and friends can simply log on to emc.org and click the Send a Smile logo, or go directly to emc.org/smile. They can choose from a selection of eight images, type a message and click “Submit.” The Foundation department will retrieve and print the selected card and message, then hand-deliver it directly to the patient. No matter how near or far, loved ones can send a smile to the bedside of a friend or family member who is currently hospitalized.
- In support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, hundreds of Eisenhower Medical Center employees, volunteers, physicians, supporters and patients participated in the filming of the hospital's video for entry into Medline's Pink Glove Dance Video Competition. Click here to watch the video and to vote! The winner of Medline's Pink Glove Dance Video Competition will receive a $10,000 donation in their name to a breast cancer charity of their choice. Voting is open through November 1.