- John L. Sinn Wing of Eisenhower Medical Center is dedicated.
- First Eisenhower Medical Center laparoscopic gall bladder removal performed.
- The Center for Healthy Living introduces its Physicians' Lecture Series held at the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences.
- The 3,000th open heart surgery is performed at Eisenhower Medical Center.
- Breast Center opens in new facilities in Kiewit Building.
- Groundbreaking for the Lakeview Medical Building.
- Former President Gerald Ford dedicates the Lakeview Medical Building.
- Dedication of Florence Swanson Hamilton Memorial Atrium and new Eisenhower Medical Center gift shop.
- Eisenhower Medical Center opens outpatient clinic in Idyllwild and only electrophysiology lab in the Coachella Valley.
- Eisenhower Medical Center undergoes major interior refurbishing of the lower level, first and second floors.
- Dedication of the Charles and Kay Hanson Birthing Center.
- Completion of new Cancer Center as a focal point to Eisenhower Medical Center's cancer care program.
- Dedication of new 4,00 square-foot James W. West, M.D. Training Center at Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower.
- Opening of new Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories.
- Completion of Peter Lake Oncology Center remodel.
- Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower receives national accreditation from the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
- Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower receives a three year "accreditation with commendation" from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
- Eisenhower Medical Center Auxiliary celebrates 25th anniversary, having contributed more than two million volunteer hours and raised more than $14 million for Eisenhower Medical Center.
- Dedication of the Kay and William Breiner/National Parkinson Foundation Clinical Center for Parkinson's Disease at Eisenhower.
- Edwin C. Johnsen named President of the Board of Trustees.
- Dedication of the relocated, expanded Eisenhower Immediate Care Center at La Quinta.
- Opening of Eisenhower Health Center at Anza.
- HomeCare Services begins Eisenhower Hospice Program, and reopens expanded Health Care Equipment retail center.
- Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower representatives serve as national spokespersons for the chemical dependency treatment field at Congressional Hearings on health care reform.
- Eisenhower Medical Center Auxiliary provides 191,283 hours of volunteer service, and raises more than $600,000 for the medical center.
- Bob Hope Chrysler Classic raises $843,475 for Eisenhower Medical Center, for a total of almost $18 million over 35 years.
- First-ever Diabetes A Day of Hope for Diabetes® held at the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower, attended by hundreds of individuals interested in diabetes treatment and research.
- Cancer Center sponsors free skin and prostate screenings.
- "Examining Errors in Health Care" - an influential conference on prevention of health care errors - sponsored by the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower, American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Medical Association and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Auxiliary's "Holiday Wonderland" features festive displays and entertainment
- Twenty-fifth Anniversary Gala honors Bob and Dolores Hope with Eisenhower Centennial Award; show-stopping entertainment provided by Liza Minnelli and Merv Griffin
- Plans announced for new Del E. Webb and Eisenhower Health Center near Sun City Palm Desert.
- First set of triplets are born at Charles and Kay Hanson Birthing Center at Eisenhower Medical Center.
- Barbara Sinatra Children's Center at Eisenhower debuts "The Sinatra Celebrity Cookbook... Barbara, Frank & Friends."
- Cancer Education Lecture Series brings variety of cancer-related topics to community.
- Nationally renowned Parkinson's art exhibit shown at Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower.
- Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower publishes "A Book of Answers."
- Eisenhower Employee Wellness Program presented with California Governor's Council Award.
- Eisenhower cardiologists participate in worldwide blood pressure research.
- Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower debuts documentary film, "The Best is Yet to Be: The Art of Aging in America."
- Revolutionary new procedure for treatment of coronary artery disease - transradial coronary stenting - offered exclusively in the Coachella Valley at Eisenhower Medical Center.
- Eisenhower Medical Center is the only hospital in the Coachella Valley to offer electrophysiology procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of certain heart rhythm irregularities.
- Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower's Senior Executive Forum "Productivity: The Key to Corporate Health" keynoted by Jack Kemp, 1996 Republican Vice Presidential candidate.
- Desert Cardiology Center holds grand opening in conjunction with rededication of Hal B Wallis Building.
- Ground broken for Del E. Webb and Eisenhower Health Center near Sun City Palm Desert.
- Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower video production "Care Beyond Cure: Physician Education in End-of-Life Care" awarded American Medical Association's prestigious "Freddie" award of excellence.
- Barbara Sinatra receives star on Palm Springs Walk of Fame.
- Demonstration course by Eisenhower cardiologists trains physicians from California, Colorado and Arizona in "The Transradial Approach for Coronary Intervention."
- Eisenhower Laboratory receives two-year accreditation from Commission on Laboratory Accreditation.
- Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower documentary "The Best is Yet to Be: The Art of Aging in America" airs on public broadcasting stations across the United States.
- Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower pioneers "Africa Calls," first live broadcast to pathologists in six African nations.
- International Patient Safety Conference to report reductions in health care errors, chart course to further patient safety improvements, held at Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower.
- Ribbon cutting and grand opening held for new 11,400 square foot Del E. Webb and Eisenhower Health Center.
- Ground broken for new, ultra-modern $20 million Andrew Allen Surgical Pavilion.
- Breast Center relocates to 4,800 square foot facility in Dolores Hope Outpatient Care Center.
- "Galaxy Gala" featuring Senator John Glenn and six of his fellow astronauts benefits Eisenhower Medical Center. Entertainment provided by Tom Arnold, Bill Dana and Jack Jones. Honored guests are Coachella Valley ROTC students.
- Nicole Johnson, Miss America 1999, brings her national speaking tour on diabetes issues to A Day of Hope for Diabetes®.
- Auxiliary celebrates 30th anniversary, honoring Dolores Hope and past Auxiliary presidents.
- Arthritis program brings community outreach to east Coachella Valley.
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations gives Eisenhower a rating of 97, one of the highest possible ratings achievable by a hospital.