Recognizing the complex health care needs of the LGBT patient population, Eisenhower Medical Center offers a comprehensive range of clinical, research and education resources — starting with a team of dedicated primary care physicians who have exceptional experience and expertise.
Primary care physicians who also specialize in HIV/AIDS care practice at multiple Eisenhower Health Center locations. Says John Stansell, MD, "Our care is provided in a culturally sensitive way. It's incredibly important that anyone can come in and feel comfortable. We make no distinction between rich and poor, ethnic background or sexual orientation. You will be treated with the respect you deserve."
HIV Primary Care Services
Providing state-of-the-art care for HIV patients requires knowledge of the latest treatments and best practices in the detection and treatment of HIV. Eisenhower's HIV Primary Care program is focused on the overall health of each patient, including:
- Appropriate utilization of advances in HIV care to sustain the best possible quality of life, including appropriate STD and cancer screening as well as healthy aging
- Best practices to prevent the spread of HIV
- Compassionate access to new medicines for highly drug-resistant patients
Our team includes HIV primary care physicians Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine, with an additional certification as an HIV specialist with the American Academy of HIV Medicine (AAHIVM).
Eisenhower Medical Center is proud to provide comprehensive HIV primary care.
Services and treatments include:
- Antiretroviral and other drug therapies, including Truvada®
- HIV testing
- Nutrition services
- Patient education
- Medication adherence counseling
- Drug and alcohol counseling
- Specialty Services:
- Anal Dysplasia
- Case Management Services (in process)
- Referral Services: mental health services, pharmacy services, dental care
Eisenhower Primary Care HIV Specialist Locations*
Eisenhower Health Center at Rimrock
4791 E. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92264
Eisenhower Health Center at Sunrise
151 S. Sunrise Way, Suite 100
Palm Springs, CA 92264
Eisenhower Medical Center
Uihlein Building, 2nd Floor
39000 Bob Hope Drive
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
*Some HIV specialists are part of Eisenhower Primary Care 365, a membership program with a modest annual fee.