Rewards & Recognition Programs
Performance Excellence at Eisenhower is driven by five teams that consist of employees and members of the Executive Leadership Team. The five teams concentrate their efforts on meeting the Performance Excellence goals in Communications, Leadership Development, Patient Loyalty, Physician Loyalty and Rewards and Recognition. Each team maintains ongoing programs to reward and recognize the acheivements of the staff of Eisenhower Medical Center.
- Shining Star Program: A monthly program designed to recognize employees who go “above and beyond” their normal job duties in one of our five supporting commitments. Open to all Eisenhower employees, physicians and volunteers. Nominees are recognized and winners are announced at our monthly breakfast. Winners receive a Shining Star pin, a certificate and their picture in the Shining Star plaques outside the cafeteria for a year. One winner in a supporting commitment will receive a $50.00 gift card; two or three winners in a supporting commitment will receive a $25 gift card; and four or more winners in a supporting commitment will receive a pizza party.
- Pat on the Back Program: An on-the-spot recognition program designed to recognize employees for all the good things they do that are part of their normal job duties; includes all employees, physicians and volunteers. Employees complete a Pat on the Back card that is given to the recognized employee. Each card contains a $3 redeemable certificate good at any vendor on campus.
- Leadership Recognition Program: A quarterly program specifically for Eisenhower Medical Center leadership. This is a leadership to leadership program where leaders recognize each other for demonstrating outstanding performance in one of the following five leadership competencies; communicator, people developer, value driver, entrepreneur, and prioritizer. The five recognized leaders are given a trophy and a $100 gift certificate.
- Precious Metals Collection/Good-to-Great Program: These are quarterly programs designed to recognize those departments, both in and outpatient, that are the highest ranking and most improved with their Press-Ganey patient satisfaction results.
Other Committee Programs:
- Birthday Celebrations: A monthly birthday party in the cafeteria recognizing all those with birthdays in that month with a gift, cake and punch.
- Hospital Week Activities: A number of celebration events planned during the National Hospital Week in May recognizing all employees for their contributions to the medical center.
- Longevity Dinner: A yearly dinner in conjunction with hospital week that recognizes all employees with 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, or 35 years of service with Eisenhower Medical Center. Employees are awarded a Tiffany gift recognizing their years of service with the organization.
- Quarterly Celebrations: Quarterly events held in the cafeteria celebrating all employees and their contributions to the medical center. All celebrations are tied back to a relevant Eisenhower event, initiative or project. A breakfast, lunch, and/or snack may be offered to all employees as well as giveaways and drawings/prizes as appropriate to the event.
- Employee Picnic: A yearly picnic is held in November consisting of food, games, and prizes for all employees, physicians, volunteers and their families.
In addition to the above recognition programs managed by the Rewards and Recognition committee, the Physician Loyalty committee manages the physician recognition program. Leaders are encouraged to recognize and celebrate their department’s professional recognition day, week and/or month during the year. To promote these recognitions campus-wide the Communications team publishes professional recognition on our intranet "IkeNet" and in our "Five Star Outlook" newsletter.