Find a Doctor
Eric Kenneth Woodard, MD
- Eisenhower Behavioral Health, 2 North
- 39000 Bob Hope Dr
- Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
- (760) 837-8767
- 4791 E. Palm Canyon Dr.
- Suite 100
- Palm Springs CA 92264
- (760) 834-7930
- Google Map
- Eric Woodard, MD, is Board Certified in General Adult and Forensic Psychiatry. He attended medical school and residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio and completed a fellowship program in forensic psychiatry at The Isaac Ray Center (Rush-Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center) in Chicago.
“Growing up in rural Texas, my grandmother was one of the only medically educated people around. As a radiology technician, she acted as the town ‘nurse’ and worked in the local emergency room for years,” states Dr. Woodard. “I was fascinated by my grandmother and her ability to help her own neighbors. By the age of 11, I knew I was going to be a doctor.”
Dr. Woodard has strong interest in liberal arts and social sciences, and obtained undergraduate and graduate degrees in anthropology before attending medical school. He has always been fascinated by human behavior and was innately drawn to psychiatry.
After spending many years managing emergency community and correctional psychiatric units, he is now looking forward to seeing patients who want to get better. “One of the most appealing aspects of working at Eisenhower Behavioral Health is having the opportunity to provide continuity of care for patients who truly need help and want a better quality of life.” He specializes in mood, thought and sexual disorders as well as HIV/LGBT issues.
- Professional Details
- Professional Education
- University of Texas-San Antonio
- University of Texas Health Science Center
- Rush University Medical Center
- Board Certification
- American Board of Psychiatry/Forensic Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Publication Date: March 27, 2015