1. Talk to your health insurance provider. Most health insurance providers maintain a list of network physicians.
2. Make some inquiries — many patients receive personal referrals from their trusted relatives, friends and colleagues. Find someone you respect and ask for their advice and assistance.
3. New in town? Ask your current physician to help you find a primary care provider in your new neighborhood. Medical specialists can often recommend family medicine physicians.
4. Find the right fit. Visit a doctor to see if he or she will be the right fit for you. Treat it like a job interview and ask questions, take notes and spend some time making an evaluation of who would be the right choice.
5. Long-term visitor? Ask your health insurance provider about having a second primary care physician at your home away from home. Many plans include this option.
Eisenhower Medical Center's Physician Referral Service is a great resource for finding the right physician for you. Call 760-568-2273 today!