News: Featured Articles
Featured VideoCoping with Summer Heat - Euthym Kontaxis, M.D., Medical Director at Eisenhower Medical Center Tennity Emergency Department comments on rising temperatures in the valley as seen on KMIR 6.
click to view
- Eisenhower Recognized as Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality - TWO YEARS IN A ROW For the second consecutive year, Eisenhower Medical Center has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality in the Healthcare Equality Index 2014, an annual survey conducted by the Human... click for more
- Flu season is here!
- HOSPITAL VISITATION CHANGES FOR FLU SEASON To protect yourself and our community from the flu, Eisenhower Medical Center is asking community members to kindly comply with the following recommendations through approximately March 31, 2015: ... click for more
- Eisenhower Named 2013 Most Wired Two Years in a Row For the second consecutive year, Eisenhower Medical Center has been recognized as one of the nation’s “Most Wired” health care facilities, according to the results of the 2013 Most Wired Survey released in the July issue of Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.... click for more
- Eisenhower First in Coachella Valley to Offer Cryoablation for Fibroadenomas According to the National Institutes of Health, fibroadenoma is the most common benign tumor found in the breast. Typically, treatment for fibroadenomas either involves watchful waiting or surgery. For Coachella Valley residents, there is now another option - cryoablation,... click for more
- Eisenhower Designated a Leader in LGBT Health Care Equality Eisenhower Medical Center has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality in the Healthcare Equality Index 2013, an annual survey conducted by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation, the educational arm of the country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and... click for more
Committed to Excellence: Meet Our Staff
- Meet the Previous Winners of the Jackie Lee Houston Shining Stars recognition... click for more
- In their Own Words - Listen to interviews with our past Shining Star Award Winners including Andrew Hendrian, Dean Demir, Debbie Lavorgna, Liz Edmundson, Liz Siino, Luis Aldeguer, Lynne Malestic, Pamela Moorman, Rosalinda Garcia and Zach Miller click for more
Events: Upcoming at Eisenhower - View all Events
Healthy Living: Magazine & Television - Read Online
- FIVE Things You Can Do Right Now As Part of Your Wellness Routine 1. Enjoy a Dairy-Free Smoothie
Try delicious almond or coconut milk (unsweetened) in your next fruit smoothie.
2. Visit a Favorite Friend
Arrive with fresh flowers and brighten your day with good conversation.
3. Reorganize Your Dresser Drawers
Donate unwanted and unused clothing, and organize the items you keep. click for more
- The Doctor and The Dame - Redefining the Patient-Physician Relationship
If you look up engaged patient in the dictionary, you’re likely to see a picture of 84-year-old Dorothy Nocita — self-proclaimed Dame Dorothy. As someone who takes personal responsibility for her health care needs and works toward being the healthiest she can be, she embodies the meaning of the term.
“I really feel that my responsibility is to be an advocate for my health,” the Palm Springs resident and retired reference librarian says. “My goal is to be the best I can be for as long as possible. I owe it to my husband and my children.
“I’m almost missionary-like when it comes to the importance of people involving themselves in wellness, and not putting up with conventional medicine that doesn’t agree with their needs,” she continues. “That’s why I think the 365 program is brilliant.” click for more
- Eisenhower Wound Care Center A Dynamic, Comprehensive Approach to Healing
Imagine having a wound that won’t heal for months, even years. For an estimated three to five million Americans every year, that’s a reality. And it often means a life of chronic pain, limited mobility and untold distress.
The good news, however, is that if you or someone you know has a wound that isn’t healing, expert care is available.
The Eisenhower Wound Care Center not only provides the most advanced therapies available for healing, but its team of physicians, nurses and other health care professionals also address the underlying cause of the wound to prevent it from recurring. The Center is the only hospital-based, physician-directed facility of its kind in the valley. click for more
- Eisenhower Resident Receives International Award Michael Bogoyevac, MD, helped diagnose and treat a wide range of patient conditions in his first year as a Family Medicine Resident Associate Physician at Eisenhower’s Center for Family Medicine in La Quinta. One patient case, however, was so rare that Dr. Bogoyevac’s comprehensive approach led to an impressive third place award at the Multidisciplinary European Endovascular Therapy (MEET) Congress in Nice, France this summer. click for more