News: Featured Articles
Featured VideoCoping with Summer Heat - Euthym Kontaxis, M.D., Medical Director at Eisenhower Medical Center Tennity Emergency Department comments on rising temperatures in the valley as seen on KMIR 6.
click to view
- Tips on Eating Healthy During the Tempting Holiday Season Eisenhower Medical Center’s Nutritional Services Department wishes you a healthy and happy holiday season. They’ve provided great tips to help you get through the next few weeks of... click for more
- Prepare for Flu Season! Wash Your Hands! Wash Your Hands Better wash your handsWash your hands Back in my room that’s where my nurse is gettin’ ready To give me a shot, or check my pulseOr clean my beddy But, I must... click for more
- Eisenhower Awarded for Excellence in Employee Engagement Eisenhower Medical Center is one of 20 organizations across the nation to receive The Advisory Board’s 2013 Excellence in Employee Engagement Award. The award recognizes hospitals and health systems... click for more
- Eisenhower Named 2013 Most Wired Two Years in a Row For the second consecutive year, Eisenhower Medical Center has been recognized as one of the nation’s “Most Wired” health care facilities, according to the results of the 2013 Most Wired Survey released in the July issue of Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.... click for more
- Eisenhower First in Coachella Valley to Offer Cryoablation for Fibroadenomas According to the National Institutes of Health, fibroadenoma is the most common benign tumor found in the breast. Typically, treatment for fibroadenomas either involves watchful waiting or surgery. For Coachella Valley residents, there is now another option - cryoablation,... click for more
- Eisenhower Designated a Leader in LGBT Health Care Equality Eisenhower Medical Center has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality in the Healthcare Equality Index 2013, an annual survey conducted by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation, the educational arm of the country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and... click for more
Committed to Excellence: Meet Our Staff
- Meet the Previous Winners of the Jackie Lee Houston Shining Stars recognition... click for more
- In their Own Words - Listen to interviews with our past Shining Star Award Winners including Andrew Hendrian, Dean Demir, Debbie Lavorgna, Liz Edmundson, Liz Siino, Luis Aldeguer, Lynne Malestic, Pamela Moorman, Rosalinda Garcia and Zach Miller click for more
Events: Upcoming at Eisenhower - View all Events
Healthy Living: Magazine & Television - Read Online
- Joe Whittaker’s Life-Saving, Life-Renewing Experience Joe Whittaker is a man of many talents. A successful business man who hails from Alberta, Canada,... click for more
- Eisenhower Auxiliary’s Five Star Gala Eisenhower Medical Center Auxiliary’s annual fund-raising dinner dance is scheduled for Saturday, December 7 at 6 p.m. at the Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage.
Meet the residents and celebrate Eisenhower’s commitment to elevating medical diagnostics to the digital era. Proceeds will be directed to the acquisition of state-of-the-art hand-held ultrasound devices and other diagnostic equipment for Eisenhower’s inaugural class of residents and faculty in the School of Graduate Medical Education. click for more
- GERD News! “I’d had indigestion for years,” says La Quinta resident Ginger Engle. “It probably started when I was in my thirties, and foods like coffee, chocolate and spicy foods would make it worse. I lived on antacids and would eat a bland diet until it passed.”
Engle has what’s called gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD. It’s a digestive disorder that occurs when a muscle at the end of the esophagus (the tube that carries food from mouth to stomach) doesn’t close properly. This allows stomach contents to leak back — or reflux — into the esophagus and irritate it. click for more
- Hearts Rehab If you’ve had any type of intervention to treat heart disease — a stent placed to open a blocked artery, bypass surgery, an operation to fix a valve problem, even a heart transplant — cardiac rehabilitation (rehab) plays an essential role in reclaiming your health and your life.
“Cardiac rehab is all about wellness,” explains Michelle Tinkham, RN, BSN, MS, PHN, CNOR, CLNC, RNFA, a cardiac pulmonary rehabilitation nurse at the Eisenhower Renker Wellness Center. “While the program includes medically supervised exercise to help patients improve their physical and cardiovascular strength and endurance, it also focuses on helping patients achieve individual lifestyle goals.” click for more
- Oak Glen Ripe for the Picking Sometimes it seems like summer never wants to leave the desert. On those dog days of fall, while heat still clings to the Coachella Valley, the mile-high climate of Oak Glen provides the perfect backdrop for autumn family fun.
An easy, hour-long drive from Palm Springs, Oak Glen is a 15 square-mile hamlet of soft hills, orchards and farms. Because Oak Glen is 10 to 15 degrees cooler than the desert, the air is as crisp and cool as a green apple, often laced with the scent of a cozy fire. This is where trees try on the new fall fashions, displaying brilliant leaves of blazing orange, crimson and gold. click for more