- I Can’t be Having a Heart Attack! - It never occurred to David Chook that he was having a heart attack. After all, he was only 49, ate fairly healthfully, never smoked, and was in decent shape. Okay…his... more
- A Day of Hope for Diabetes - Day of Hope for DiabetesSM is a major presentation of inspiration, education, and products for all who are concerned with diabetes and its complications. It is free and... more
- Personal Empowerment: An Underserved Need for the... - Parkinson’s support groups are available at Eisenhower. Following a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease, it is natural for individuals to experience a range of emotions... more
- Myths About Heart Attacks - This year, an estimated 1.2 million Americans will have a heart attack, and nearly half a million of these people will die — that’s more than the number of annual deaths... more
- Reversing the Syndrome -
To increase fiber, try a warm bowl of
Hearty Lentil Soup with crusty whole grain
bread and a salad of mixed greens.
What is metabolic syndrome?
- Exercise and Blood Sugar -
Even gardening can lower the level
of blood sugar in the body.
People who have diabetes are often
encouraged to exercise. There are
many benefits that... more
- Take a Rare Tour of Catalina Island’s Outback - If you haven’t visited Southern California’s very own island paradise, Catalina Island, lately, no problem — it hasn’t changed much. Of course, that is the charm of this... more
- Endocrinologist Khaldoun Alnabelsi, MD - If there is one quality that characterizes Dr. Khaldoun Alnabelsi — besides his skill as a physician specializing in endocrinology — it would surely be his passion for... more
- Metabolic Syndrome - Precursor to Diabetes - It is estimated that as many as one in four Americans have a combination of metabolic disorders, known as metabolic syndrome, that increase their risk of heart disease,... more
- President’s Message Mar-Apr 2005 - What a surprise to a fit, active, 49-year-old man when he suffers a heart attack. David Chook, the subject of our fascinating cover story, is a health care professional... more
- Desert Diabetes Alert Program Early Detection and... - For the estimated 13 million Americans who know they suffer from diabetes, there are millions more that are unaware they even have the disease or are at high risk for... more