- THE CORE - Home to our abdominals, lower back, latissimus dorsi (lats) and obliques, our core — or torso — is at the center of almost every move we make. We use our core to sit... more
- DATES - For some reason, dates cannot seem to get the respect they deserve. People either love them or, well…don’t. It’s time to revisit the common notions about the tiny,... more
- 5 Things - you can do right now as part of your wellness routine:1. Listen to MozartPlay a favorite or new Mozart selection, close your eyes and really listen. It may change the... more
- CORONADO-A World Of Its Own - Searching for a place close to home where you’ll feel a million miles away? Look no further than Coronado, where you’re just a bridge away from total relaxation.
- When Minutes Count, Count On Eisenhower's Stroke... - “Stroke is not an accident. It’s an event that’s treatable and preventable,” says Eisenhower Medical Center Stroke Team Coordinator Deborah Bayer, RN, BSN. “And we are... more
- DOCTOR, DOCTOR - Health care experts agree that patients should have an ongoing relationship with a primary care physician, usually an internist or family medicine doctor who can help... more
- Eisenhower's Inpatient Rehabilitation Center - Eisenhower’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Center — the newest and largest center of its kind in the Valley — recently achieved another milestone, becoming the only facility... more
- Eisenhower Schnitzer/Novack Breast Center - Supported by a foundation of clinical excellence, comprehensive care, and compassionate, professional staff, Eisenhower Schnitzer/Novack Breast Center is a leader in... more
- Enrique Jacome, MD - Medicine and athletic competition are two of Dr. Enrique G. Jacome’s greatest passions — setting and achieving high standards have earned him accolades and awards in... more
- THE SKY’S THE LIMIT - Eisenhower Medical Center’s residency programs in Internal Medicine and Family Medicine have received national accreditation, launching an important new chapter in the... more
- PHO VU Vietnamese Restaurant - Pho Vu, with its spare, modern décor, is as simple as it is complex. The restaurant’s most popular dish, Pho, has a unique history, and the restaurant’s owner —... more
- First Medical Students Undertake Cardiology... - Eisenhower Medical Center recently welcomed the first three medical students (two from the Keck School of Medicine of USC and a third from Ross University School of... more
- Eisenhower Neurosurgeon Corrects Devastating... - In July 2011, a bus owned by a river rafting company ran off the side of the road and rolled onto its top as it slid down a steep embankment in southern Colorado. There... more
- Golfer Troy Kelly - Getting His Game Back - It wasn’t just about his golf game. For Troy Kelly, it was a quality of life issue.
As a professional on the PGA tour, Kelly was used to pushing his body to the limit.... more
- The Future Of Primary Care - There are currently 400,000 primary care practitioners in the United States, 74 percent of which are physicians, 19 percent nurse practitioners, and seven percent... more
- Eisenhower Among Nation’s Most Wired Hospitals - Eisenhower Medical Center has been named as one of 154 of the nation’s Most Wired hospitals according to the results of the 2012 Most Wired Survey Benchmarking Study... more
- Back to the Future - Eisenhower Medical Center is the first hospital in Riverside County, and one of only two hospitals on the West Coast, to utilize a new radiofrequency ablation system... more
- Humana Gives Generously to Valley - Forty local desert charities were infused in April with a tournament-record $2,045,000 in donations raised from the January 2012 Humana Challenge PGA TOUR golf... more
- Healthy Living Magazine Wins Top Honor - Healthy Living magazine won the Gold Award for magazines in the Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing Association Golden Advocate (HPRMA) Awards for 2011.
- Richard A. Stone, MD - Eisenhower Medical Center physician Richard A. Stone, MD, Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Nephrology and Hypertension, received two distinctions this year:... more
- Eisenhower's Five Star Gala - Eisenhower Medical Center Auxiliary’s annual fund-raising dinner dance has a bold new look. On Saturday, December 8 at 6 p.m. at the Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa... more
- BAM! - Inspired to save the lives of Coachella Valley cancer patients by keeping all of their support local, BIGHORN Behind a Miracle (BAM) presented a check for $750,000 on... more
- ETHIOPIA - Family physicians Maureen Strohm, MD and Noemi “Mimi” Doohan, MD recently returned from volunteer medical mission trips to southern Ethiopia. Unlike missions that only... more