- The Iron Lady - Cherie Gruenfeld competed in her first Ironman triathlon at age 48. Today, at 69, she’s one of the most decorated Master’s triathletes in the world, winning to date, 11... more
- Back In Rhythm - Two years ago, Stacy Clark was only 45 when she was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation — “A Fib” — is an abnormal heart rhythm in which the upper... more
- Everyday Fitness Regimen - Before we had gyms, Zumba®, spin classes and pedestrian boot camp, we had chores — unadorned, everyday basic chores. We trimmed trees and pushed lawnmowers, scrubbed... more
- Breathing Deeply - SPECIAL NOTE: Eisenhower Medical Center recently opened the Eisenhower Pulmonary Specialty Clinic on the main campus in the Wright Building, Suite 201. For more... more
- Nature’s Health Food & Cafe - Hungry for Mexican food? Asian? Italian? Vegan? Vegetarian? Gluten free? And would you like all of it prepared with certified organic grains and vegetables?
Look no... more
- Heart To Heart - In a move designed to provide valley residents with the highest quality and most efficient cardiac care, Desert Cardiology Center and Eisenhower Medical Center have... more
- Cardiology - Heart disease is still the number one cause of death in the United States, causing nearly one million heart attacks and more than half a million deaths each year.... more
- Got CAD? Get Checked, Go Exercise - Exercise is good for just about everyone, including those with coronary artery disease (CAD). Generally, exercise training improves functional capacity and reduces... more
- Looking and Feeling Fabulous - A switch in physicians started Palm Desert couple Fred and Norma Nothdurft on a life changing health journey that left their clothes looser and their hearts fuller.
- Spine Surgery Success - Kristen Martinez and her husband have a blended family that includes five active children ages 11 and younger. The successful local business owner has played sports her... more
- Eisenhower Medical Center Now Offering Driving... - Eisenhower Medical Center recently acquired Advanced Therapy Products WT -2000 Interactive Driving Simulator featuring the STISIM Drive™ Interactive Software. Developed... more
- Getting To The Heart of the Matter - In this issue of Healthy Living, the focus is on Eisenhower’s Cardiovascular Center of Excellence — a fitting topic to start the New Year as many of us make resolutions... more
- Majid Torabi, MD - In the world of yoga and deep breathing, there is a common saying: a healthy mind has an easy breath. If that is true, the patients of Majid Torabi, MD have him to... more
- White House Briefing On Cardiovascular Health - In 2012, Eisenhower Cardiologist Charlie Shaeffer, Jr, MD met with senior White House officials as part of a discussion with community leaders who are actively involved... more
- Eisenhower Medical Center Reaccredited As Chest... - Eisenhower Medical Center has again received full accreditation as a chest pain center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC). Originally accredited in... more
- Luke Magnotto, MD - The similarities between Luke Magnotto, MD, Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, and his great-greatgreat… grandfather Leonardo Di Capua, who lived at the end of the... more
- Day Of Caring - Eisenhower’s seventh annual Day of Caring…About Women and Cancer will take place at the Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center on Friday, February 8, 2013, from 9:15 a.m.... more
- How To Live A Long, Sweet Life - Zorba Paster, MD, Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and host of the popular National Public Radio show On Your Health, will... more
- It’s Berry Good For You! - One of the best weapons in fighting cancer could be your fork.“Whether you want to prevent cancer or are currently fighting it, it’s important to provide your body with... more
- Five Things You Can Do Right Now As Part Of Your... - 1. Plan a Homemade Pizza Party Invite some friends and ask everyone to bring a favorite topping and drink to share. Give awards for most creative and best tasting... more
- What’s In A Label? - Have you ever considered the notion that the fewer the ingredients, the less likely you are to ingest a long list of additives? Although it may seem daunting to wend... more
- Celebrity Golf Invitational Benefits Barbara... - The 25th annual Frank Sinatra Celebrity Invitational, benefiting the Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center for abused children, tees off February 21-23, 2013. Eagle Falls... more
- Discover Art! - The posh boutiques, upscale restaurants and glitzy galleries of El Paseo in Palm Desert couldn’t have asked for a better new neighbor.
The Palm Springs Art Museum in... more
- The Picture of Health - Tom and Michael Rice, big dude and little dude, about to get totally tubular in a gnarly surf sesh at Seaside, dude.
TRANSLATION:Tom and Michael Rice, father and son,... more