- Spring is a time of change, a time of growth, and at Eisenhower Medical Center, we are growing. In January, the magnificent new Eisenhower George and Julia Argyros Health Center in La Quinta was dedicated, and in February, the first patients were... click for more
- On January 20, 2010, Enrique Jacome,MD, Board Certified Gynecologist at Eisenhower Medical Center and his surgical team performed their 100th da Vinci hysterectomy, marking an impressive medical milestone. In October 2008, less than two years ago,... click for more
- Pathology is the study and diagnosis of disease using laboratory examinations of tissues, cells, and organ samples. Pathology researchers identify the origins of disease, and work with the medical team to determine strategies for treatment.
Dennis... click for more
- On January 22, 2010, the Coachella Valley celebrated the elegant, new Eisenhower George and Julia Argyros Health Center in La Quinta. A ribbon cutting ceremony, open house and tours highlighted the occasion welcoming dignitaries, physicians,... click for more
- If you want to incorporate strength training into your workout,but aren’t much for the fancy machines that comealong with the process, you are in luck. You have everythingyou need to start an effective strength training program today. Yourown body... click for more
- 1. Get Some Shut EyeWe need seven to eight hours for maximum, but issues such as insomnia, sleep apnea, and frequent urination can keep you awake. If you are having trouble sleeping, contact your doctor.
2. LaughLaughter can... click for more
- Just as our bodies can be improved with exercise, our brain fitness can be enhanced by taking on new and challenging activities such as playing piano or chess, learning a language, practicing martial arts, dancing and even doing some computer-based... click for more
- New at Eisenhower Medical Center, Maureen Strohm,MD has been a family physician for more than two decades, and most recently served as a faculty member at the University of Southern California before joining the Eisenhower staff in November 2009.
... click for more
- In December 2009, Eisenhower Medical CenterCardiothoracic Surgeon Surindra Mitruka,MDtraveled to China to lecture and demonstratesurgical Maze procedures for atrial fibrillation.Dr.Mitruka is returning to China in March as a presenterat a symposium... click for more
- Dr.Dennis Frisman was pursuing his medical degree at the University of California, San Diego, when life intervened.“I got infectious mononucleosis and was examined by an oncologist who had a research lab. I was doing diagnostic pathology related... click for more
- Cancer was just a six-letter word for Indio resident Sherry Kovas. It was not something she thought about, and not something she ever thought would be part of her life. But, then, in the blink of an eye, my whole life changed, shares Kovas.
Fifty... click for more
- The vast majority of skin cancers are not potentially dangerous, although they can be disfiguring if not treated. There are three basic types of skin cancer: basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma, a potentially deadly cancer,... click for more
- Procedures for cancer screening, and guidelines on when screenings are most appropriate and effective, have been the source of extensive debate in the scientific community. Recently, a group of Eisenhower Medical Center physicians met to discuss the... click for more