- The Chinese have known of the health benefits of drinking green tea since ancient times. It was used medicinally to treat many ailments such as headaches and depression.
Over the last few decades, there have been several scientific and medical... click for more
- If you have ever wondered what a safari might be like, you don’t have to journey to Africa to find out. For one special weekend each month, The Shambala Preserve in Antelope Valley opens its gates to the public for a series of “safaris.” During the... click for more
- Eisenhower Medical Center is the first hospital in the Coachella Valley to offer HALO ablation, a new preventive option for Barrett’s Esophagus, a known precursor to esophageal cancer. Barrett’s esophagus is estimated to affect about 3.3 million... click for more
- The 23rd annual Frank Sinatra Starkey Hearing Foundation Celebrity Invitational, benefiting the Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center at Eisenhower, tees off February 24 to 26, 2011. Eagle Falls Golf Course and the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio... click for more
- It is arguably the greatest milestone in Eisenhower’s evolution — becoming a teaching hospital.
Through an affiliation with the renowned Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California (USC),medical students began Family Medicine... click for more
- Dr. Mimi Guarneri, MD, FACC, medical director and founder of Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine will be the guest speaker at the 5th annual Leonore Annenberg Lecture on February 28, 2011 at 2:30 p.m. The 45-minute lecture with question and... click for more
- If you are tired of the treadmill and looking for a way to spice up your workouts, consider dance as a way to improve health. According to one study presented by the American College of Sports Medicine, salsa dancing, in particular, improves... click for more
- 1. Move On Whether it is a job, relationship or other situation, the New Year is a good time to reevaluate and move forward.
2. Get Your Fiber Over age 50, men need 30 grams and... click for more
- From the time we were children, we were drawn to its tactile and alluring qualities. Clay is an excellent tool for discovery, expression, exploration and a venue for us to explore feelings, fears, thoughts and senses.
Kneading and working with clay... click for more
- Eisenhower Medical Center Cardiologist Charlie W. Shaeffer Jr., MD received the American Heart Association’s 2010 Gold Heart Award, the association’s highest honor. The award was presented at the association’s 2010 Gold Heart Banquet held in Dallas... click for more
- I love it,” says Eisenhower Medical Center Internist Carlos Lopez, MD of his work with International Medical Alliance, a Rancho Mirage-based group that travels to Ecuador to treat indigent patients.
Dr. Lopez, his wife Luisa, a dentist, and his... click for more
- Eisenhower Medical Center Internal Medicine physician, Roy Young, MD was published in the April 21 issue of JAMA®, The Journal of the American Medical Association.
The article “The Primary Care Physician and Health Care Reform” discusses the... click for more
- GeorgeWilson’s story began in a cotton patch in Garland City, Arkansas.One of 10 children, Wilson developed pneumonia as an infant and remembers his family telling him about a doctor that cared for him daily.Hearing those stories,Wilson reflects,... click for more
- BOB NIBECKER IS A TOUGH GUY. A former Marine who served in Iraq, he’s also a retired police officer who was run over by no fewer than four drunk drivers during his 25 years of duty. Further, in 1992, while piloting a Riverside County Sheriff’s... click for more
- There is a saying that when the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.With Eisenhower’s extensive “toolbox” of resources for treating back pain, however, desert dwellers have access to virtually every solution for back pain... click for more
- Nearly 80 percent of Americans will experience low back pain at some point in their lives. It is one of the most common reasons for a physician’s office visit and it is estimated to cost the United States economy more than $100 billion dollars... click for more
- When it comes to philanthropy, BIGHORN Golf Club sets an exceptional example — something to which Eisenhower Medical Center can gratefully attest since it has been a fortunate recipient of the Club’s largess. This remarkable relationship began when... click for more
- Eisenhower Medical Center received Joint Commission certification as a Primary Stroke Center in 2008, and remains the only hospital in the Coachella Valley to have met the Commission’s rigorous national standards for stroke care. This includes... click for more
- Eisenhower Medical Center surgeons continue to find new applications for the da Vinci® S HD™ System, the state-of-the-art,minimally invasive surgical system that combines computer and robotic technologies to create a new type of surgery known as... click for more
- A new, comprehensive Eisenhower Schnitzer/Novack Breast Center is now open at 151 South Sunrise Way in Palm Springs as part of Eisenhower Health Center. Located at the corner of Taqhuitz Canyon Way and Sunrise Way, Eisenhower Health Center features... click for more
- If you are a parent, or even a grandparent, you are aware of the video game generation. It is widely known that children today, and even a good portion of adults, spend considerable hours engaged in video game entertainment.
From the beginning,... click for more