- Paula Peck, RD Paula Peck is a Registered Dietitian and Clinical Nutrition Manager at Eisenhower Medical Center. She received her BS degree in Dietetics from Winthrop University. Paula has been employed by Morrison Healthcare, Inc. for 15 years and... click for more
- Congresswoman Mary Bono and husband, Glenn Baxley Congresswoman Mary Bono and her husband, Glenn Baxley, spoke candidly with Eisenhower Medical Center Foundation President Michael Landes about balancing home, health, family and career.
Michael:... click for more
- Stem cell research is a very controversial and hot topic right now with passionate beliefs influencing both sides of the debate. I am sympathetic to both arguments and after much careful consideration, I have come to support the research for the... click for more
- We have all heard of cholesterol and its negative effects on one’s well being, but do we really know how it affects us, both positively and negatively?
Cholesterol is an essential substance that helps in the formation of the body’s cells and... click for more
- Cholesterol has enjoyed a bad reputation as a risk factor for heart disease. But did you know that cholesterol is needed by the body as a building block for the formation of certain hormones, and it is important to our cell membranes?
This bad... click for more
- Lakeside biking trails offer a great workout. The nicest things about Big Bear this time of year are that it is dependably cooler than the desert below (about 78 degrees during the day and a snug 45 degrees at night), tranquil, low-key, and close to... click for more
- It is with great pleasure that this issue of Healthy Living takes a broad look at the many health care issues facing our country. I am honored that Congresswoman Mary Bono, who was recently appointed to the Health Subcommittee, took time from her... click for more
- Dr. Robert Waterbor characterizes his specialty – internal medicine – as a combination of psychology and good detective work. “You have to be able to diagnose whatever comes through the door,” he explains. “A big role we play is that of “triage... click for more
- It is estimated that 70 percent of patients with coronary artery disease have an abnormality of cholesterol and/or lipid metabolism. Controlled trials of statin drugs (such as Lipitor®, Zocor®, Pravachol®, Crestor®) involving more than 80,000... click for more
- If you’ve been curious about HICAP, the Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program, wonder no more. Much more than just another acronym to remember, this invaluable program offers seniors a guide for navigating the intricate maze of health... click for more
- The City of Indian Wells recently awarded Eisenhower Medical Center a $5 million grant for Campaign Eisenhower, the Center’s capital campaign. The funds will be used for Eisenhower’s capital expansion, which includes a new 168-bed acute care... click for more
In May, Thomas Johnson, Secretary,
California Department of Veterans
Affairs, briefed a group of area health
and education leaders at Eisenhower
Medical Center on the Governor’s Nurse
Education Initiative.The initiative is part
of Governor... click for more
- Eisenhower Medical Center Auxiliary donated the funds for the SKYLight™ nuclear medicine camera. The camera eliminates the claustrophobic effect, allowing the patient to be imaged in bed without transferring from bed to gurney to imaging table and... click for more
- On May 13, Eisenhower Medical Center became the first hospital in California to train physicians from throughout the United States in the use of the new SilverHawk™ Plaque Excision System.The Eisenhower teaching forum was also the only such forum in... click for more
- It’s the “urgent” in Eisenhower Urgent Care Center that sets it apart from a visit to a primary physician. And the Eisenhower Urgent Care Center has adjusted its hours, to meet your urgent needs, at your convenience.
The Center now provides... click for more
- A potentially serious medical condition, sleep apnea, the temporary absence or cessation of breathing, increases the risk for cardiovascular disease or stroke. “Comprehensive diagnostics are critically important in determining the crux of the... click for more