- Gout was long considered the illness of the “wealthy,” since attacks of the disease were thought to occur after overindulging in rich food and drink. It is true that a rich diet can play a part in the onset of gout, but researchers have also linked... click for more
- Type 2 diabetes can be prevented. The Diabetes Prevention Program – a major, 27-center clinical trial, sponsored by the National Institutes of Health – studied more than 3,200 people, ages 25 through 85, and concluded that lifestyle changes in diet... click for more
- Parkinson’s disease may cause a variety of symptoms, and one of the striking aspects of this disorder is that no two people are affected in the same way. This wide variability of symptoms and findings make it very challenging to diagnose Parkinson’s... click for more
- Eisenhower Medical Center has a long-standing reputation for excellent patient care across the broad spectrum of medical disciplines – the quality of care that is the hallmark of a 100 Top Hospital®. At the core of its commitment to the community... click for more
- As most of us already know, calcium consumption is essential for strong, healthy bones. But did you know that we have more calcium in our bodies than any other mineral and about 99 percent of it is found in our bones?
If you do not take in enough... click for more
- There are many benefits to exercise including a positive effect on blood pressure, cholesterol level, strength and functionality levels, cardiovascular endurance, balance, and bone growth and health. Exercise also produces an overall feeling of... click for more
- The foothill area of the inland empire of San Bernardino is close to the desert, yet a “history” away in agrarian offerings.Take a leisurely day trip and discover its rich bounty.
Begin your exploration of the inland empire’s mile-high countryside... click for more
- Robert Murphy, MD, Chairman of Desert Orthopedic Center, is a Renaissance man. Not only is he a well-respected orthopedic surgeon, but he also has a master’s degree in Management of Healthcare Services. But he is more than just a professional. He’s... click for more
- Joint replacement can relieve pain and enable individuals to live fuller, more active lives. Great advances have been made in joint replacements since the first hip replacement was performed in the United States in 1969. Improvements have been made... click for more
- By the time Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) reviews and renews their annual recommendations for patient safety themes, and presents mandated guidelines to hospitals, most are already standard operating... click for more
- Computer-assisted surgery, an innovation that has been used for many years in the specialties of neurosurgery and otolaryngology, is revolutionizing the field of orthopedics. Until recently, orthopedic surgeons used the “naked eye” in order to... click for more
- Derek Spinney, PT, CSCS Derek Spinney, Director of Rehabilitation Services, Eisenhower Medical Center, has 21 years of experience in the field of Physical Therapy specializing in orthopedics, geriatrics and neurological rehabilitation. He is... click for more
- Aside from his innate talent for hitting a tennis ball over a net, the “Rocket” – as he was called as a scrawny teen growing up in the Australian bush – was also known for his willingness to work hard to achieve his goals.
The former Rancho Mirage... click for more