MAKOplasty® Partial Knee Resurfacing, performed at Eisenhower Medical Center, is an innovative treatment option for adults living with early to midstage OA in either the medial (inner), patellofemoral (top), or both compartments of the knee. Powered by the RIO® Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System, this state-of-the-art technology creates consistently reproducible precision in performing partial knee resurfacing.
During the procedure, the diseased portion of the knee is resurfaced, sparing the patient's healthy bone and surrounding tissue. An implant is then secured in the joint to allow the knee to move smoothly again. Partial knee resurfacing can:
- Facilitate optimal implant positioning to result in a more natural feeling knee following surgery
- Result in a more rapid recovery and shorter hospital stay than traditional knee replacement surgery
- Be performed on an outpatient basis
- Promote rapid relief from pain and return to daily activities
As a knee arthroplasty procedure, MAKOplasty® is typically covered by most Medicare-approved and private health insurers.
- For more information call the Eisenhower Joint Replacement Center at 760-773-4545.