Healthy Living Resource Center
Take Charge of Your Health!
A free membership club for both permanent and seasonal desert residents is offered at both the Eisenhower Indian Wells Healthy Living Resource Center on the Eisenhower Medical Center campus in Rancho Mirage and the Eisenhower Healthy Living Resource Center in the Eisenhower George and Julia Argyros Health Center in La Quinta. Offering a variety of health-related programs and services, the goal of the Center is to promote healthy lifestyles through education, information, and screening programs.
The Eisenhower Indian Wells Healthy Living Resource Center Offers:
- Screenings and Wellness Programs
- Arthritis Academy exercise, tai chi classes and core strength training*
- Nutritional education classes and one-on-one nutritional counseling
- Health Education and Information
- Subscription to Healthy Living magazine, published three times a year
- Physician referral to Eisenhower’s primary care doctors and specialists
- Lectures on current topics by physicians and other health care professionals
- Healthy Night Out — featuring a lecture on a current health topic and a heart healthy dinner
- Stress reduction lectures and classes
- Medicare seminars and workshops
- wired.MD™ online videos and printed material on disease prevention, diagnoses, treatments and procedures. The information is easy-to-understand and available in several different languages
- Information on resources available to Coachella Valley residents maintained in a 100+ page Community Resource Guide
- Information on Eisenhower-sponsored support groups
- Advance Health Care Directive forms and Vial of Life Emergency Medical and Personal Information packets
- Brochures on medical and health topics; aging and senior issues; and services offered by local home care and health and social service agencies
- Other Services
- One-on-one counseling by California Department of Aging HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program) counselors on Medicare coverage, Medicare supplements and prescription drug plans. (The Center does not offer an insurance program, nor does it endorse any health or medical insurance programs.)
- Free, independent evaluation and information on assisted living facilities
- Assistance in understanding medical bills, insurance forms and medical claims procedures
- Discounts for members 55 and older at:
- Eisenhower’s Café 34, Einstein Bros.® Bagels, Collectors Corner, Eisenhower Medical Center Gift Shops and Eisenhower Pharmacy (over-the-counter products, except food and beverages)
- Participating restaurants and other businesses in the Valley. (See the Member Discounts page link on the right of this page.)
To qualify for a discount or special offer, each individual member must show an Eisenhower Healthy Living Resource Center membership card.
To become a member of the Eisenhower Healthy Living Resource Center, or for more information about our programs and services, please call our staff today!
- Eisenhower Healthy Living Resource Center
Kiewit Building, Suite 103
39000 Bob Hope Drive
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270