Total Ankle Replacement and Advanced Foot/Ankle Reconstruction LQ
Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Center Series
TH, April 19, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
David Friscia, MD, Orthopedic Surgery
Caring for the Caregiver: A Marathon, Not a Sprint LC
M, Apr 23, Noon to 1 p.m.
Alison Mayer Sachs, MSW, OSW-C, Community Outreach Director
760-834-3798; complimentary lunch; reservations by Apr 20.
I’ve Got Breast Cancer…Now What? LC
TU, Apr 24, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Iliana Popescu, MD, Medical Oncology/Internal Medicine
760-834-3798; complimentary dinner; reservations by Apr 23.
Female Urinary Incontinence LQ
Woman to Woman Series
W, Apr 25, 3 to 4 p.m.
Lisa Lindley, MD, Gynecology/Obstetrics; Kim Burton, DPT, CSCS, Physical Therapy
New Advances in Sports Medicine and Related Injuries AC
Healthy Night Out
W, Apr 25, 5 to 7 p.m.
Patrick St. Pierre, Orthopedic Surgery and Medical Director, Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Center Sports Medicine Program; James Bell, MD, PhD, Orthopedic Surgery; and Matthew Diltz, MD, Orthopedic Surgery
760-568-1234; $8 for heart-healthy dinner, payment by Apr 20.
Erectile Dysfunction, Male Incontinence and BPH AC
Sponsored by American Medical Systems
TH, Apr 26, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Lance Patrick Walsh, MD, Urology, Gary Leifer, MD, Urology
Arthritis Self-Help Class AC
M, Apr 30 through June 11, 4 to 6 p.m.
Six-week instructional series.
Will Proposition 29 Help Cure Cancer? LC
TH, May 10, 4 to 5 p.m.
VJ Sleight, Legislative Ambassador, American Cancer Society
Sponsored by The Mended Hearts, Inc.
TH, May 10, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Deborah Bayer, RN, BSN, CCRN, Stroke Coordinator, Eisenhower Medical Center
760-200-5323 or 760-217-6170
- Remember the days when surgery usually meant a lengthy hospital stay and an even longer recovery? Thankfully, times — and technology — have changed. As a result, it is now more common to have surgery in an outpatient facility, go home the same day, and be back to your regular activities in a matter of days instead of weeks, thanks largely to advances in minimally invasive surgical techniques and anesthesia. In fact, nearly 58 percent of all surgeries performed in community hospitals in 2007 (the most recent year for which data are available) were outpatient procedures, according to a report published last year by the federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). click for more
- In keeping with Eisenhower Medical Center's five-star commitment for our patients, families and friends, we provide a culture of safety by ensuring clinical excellence and infection prevention.
Eisenhower Medical Center has created and adopted protocols in each area of patient safety. These include protocols to prevent hospital acquired infections including surgical site infections, central line associated blood stream infections, ventilator associated pneumonia, catheter associated urinary tract infections, and clostridium difficile infections. click for more
- Mention the word hemp and most people will stare blankly, conjure up images of thick rope or wonder if they should turn you in to the police. Although the hemp plant is a member of the cannabis sativa family, and therefore a cousin of marijuana, the two plants are different. The hemp plant, which has existed for centuries and is used commercially to make paper, textiles and biodegradable plastics, is being rediscovered for its high nutritional value. click for more
- Eisenhower “Galaxy” Sponsor for City of Palm Springs Mayor’s Healthy Planet, Healthy You Race and Wellness Festival
In an effort to raise awareness about childhood obesity, Eisenhower Medical Center will serve as a “Galaxy” sponsor for the City of Palm Springs Mayor’s Healthy Planet, Healthy You Race and Wellness Festival on Saturday, April 21. Additionally, Eisenhower Medical Center has partnered with the Boys and Girls Club of the Coachella Valley, sponsoring nearly 50 children to participate in the walk.The event will include a walker/stroller/doggie friendly 5K course. The 7-mile course will highlight many of the historical sites of downtown Palm Springs and both courses run through beautiful downtown Palm Springs. The 1K Kids’ Run is FREE. Finisher awards will be presented to all participants and division awards will be given three deep.Eisenhower Medical Center will offer free body mass index (BMI) readings and an information booth for participants who want to learn more about... click for more
- The Eisenhower HealthY Living Resource Center, located in Rancho Mirage on the hospital campus in the Kiewit Building, offers a variety of complimentary screenings and services:
Blood Pressure Checks: Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Walk-ins welcome.
One-on-One Beginning Computer Class: Wednesday afternoons by appointment.
Hearing Evaluations: Third Wednesday morning of the month by appointment
Call 760-568-1234 for more information or to make an appointment.