Female Urinary Incontinence: Clearing Up Misperceptions and Fear LQ
Woman to Woman Series
W, Mar 27, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Lisa Lindley, MD, Gynecology,
Kim Burton, DPT, CSCS, Physical Therapy
760-610-7205; register by Mar 25. Read More
Sleep Disorders AC
W, Mar 27, 4 to 5 p.m.
Neal Hermanowicz, MD, Neurology/Movement Disorders Specialist
760-568-1234; register by Mar 26. Read More
Secret to Becoming a Centenarian: The Mediterranean Diet?
Clark’s Nutrition Lecture Series
TH, Mar 28, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Gregory Pecchia, DO, Family Medicine/Geriatrics
Held at Clark’s Nutrition, Rancho Mirage.
760-324-4626; register by Mar 27. Read More
Rally for Respiratory Health AC
American Lung Association and Eisenhower Renker Wellness Center
F, Mar 29, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Managing and Treating Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
909-321-3290 Terry Roberts; free; register by Mar 28. Read More
Lunch and Learn with the Experts LC
Eisenhower BIGHORN Radiation Oncology Center
M, Apr 1, noon to 1:30 p.m.
Robert Johnson, MD, Radiation Oncology, and Pamela Jones-Van der Nagel, MSW, LCSW, OSW-C
760-834-3798; register by Mar 29. Read More
The Osteoporosis: Break a Leg and All That Jazz AC
M, Apr 1,11 a.m. to noon
Occupational therapy strategies for living safely with osteoporosis.
Danielle Meglio, COTA-C, MLT/CDT, Occupational Therapy.
760-568-1234; register by Apr 1. Read More
Vegetarianism 101 LQ
W, Apr 3, 1 to 2p.m.
Barbra Sassower, MPH, RD, CDE
760-610-7205; register Apr 3.Read More
Aching Hips and Knees 2013: An Orthopedic Surgery Perspective LQ
Argyros Health and Wellness Series
TH, Apr 4, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
John DeSantis, DO, Rufus Gore, MD and Jason Weisstein, MD, Orthopedic Surgery
760-610-7205; register by Apr 3. Read More
- One thing in life is certain...change! This is true at Eisenhower Medical Center these days. In continuing to serve the changing health care needs of our region by providing excellence in patient care with supportive education and research, this spring brings news of expansion of two exciting new Eisenhower projects.
At the beginning of April, Eisenhower will open its third Health Center in Palm Springs — Eisenhower Health Center at Plaza del Sol, located at the corner of South Palm Canyon Drive and Belardo Road. A multispecialty clinic, this facility will be home to six physicians, initially opening with two gastroenterologists (GI) and a primary care physician. Committed to providing quality health care to our Palm Springs neighbors, Eisenhower continues to invest resources in the community.
In 2009, Eisenhower began making plans to become a teaching hospital and establish a residency program for primary care physicians. With great anticipation, Eisenhower learned last week that that it has filled 100 percent of the spots in the hospital’s first ever residency program match — just four percent of community hospitals starting multiple, new, medium to large size programs actually fill all their available slots in a residency program’s first year. Read more about the residency program and student match process below.
- This summer, Eisenhower Medical Center will welcome 22 medical school graduates to its residency programs. The Coachella Valley’s first Teaching Hospital recently learned that it has filled 100 percent of the spots in the hospital’s first-ever residency program match — just four percent of community hospitals starting multiple, new, medium-to-large size programs actually fill all available slots in a residency program’s first year.
How does the “match” process work?
Medical school graduates from around the world apply to residency programs via the electronic residency application service (ERAS). They are then matched with their residency programs through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP), on what is commonly known as Match Day. This year, Match Day fell on March 15 — the day when applicants found out where they will perform their residencies. click for more
- In January, Eisenhower Medical Center opened a new Gastroenterology Specialty Clinic with Board Certified Gastroenterologists Noel Curry, MD and James Conti, MD. Gastroenterologists specialize in the digestive system and related disorders affecting the gastrointestinal (or GI) tract. Consultations occur in the clinic and procedures are conducted in Rancho Mirage at two convenient locations. Procedures performed by Dr. Curry and Dr. Conti include colonoscopies, endoscopies, capsule endoscopies and esophageal manometry.
The Clinic is located in Rancho Mirage on the Eisenhower campus in the Bob Hope Classic Medical Building, Suite 101. click for more
- The pain in his back and leg had gotten so severe that 74-year-old Jay Kepner could barely walk.
“Even with a walker, I couldn’t go any distance,” recalls the Bermuda Dunes resident, a former long-distance runner who, after a hip replacement in 2008, began to walk for exercise, customarily clocking five kilometers. “I was in excruciating pain. It hurt to sit or to stand for any length of time. I couldn’t trim my roses or pull weeds.”
Nor could he fulfill his service as a lay minister to give communion to Catholic patients hospitalized at Eisenhower Medical Center. click for more
- The issues surrounding weight gain can be complex, but there are strategies for losing weight slowly and sensibly, with a long-term goal of ongoing weight management and maintenance.
One strategy for weight loss/maintenance is portion control — examining one’s dinner plate size is a good place to begin. During the past 50 years, dinner plates have grown from what we now view as “salad plate” size to “serving platter” size. A 12- or 13- inch dinner plate is common and much larger than the 9-inch plates of the past. However, eating from a full 9-inch plate may feel more satisfying than eating the same amount of food from a larger plate.
According to Mallory Benavides, Dietitian, Eisenhower Medical Center Nutritional Services, portion control is one of the best ways to lose — and maintain — weight. For Benavides’ patients, portion control begins with education. click for more
- Please join us for the Grand Opening of the Eisenhower Health Center at Plaza Del Sol in Palm Springs.
Wednesday, April 3, 5 to 6:30 p.m.
1555 S. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, California
Enjoy a light reception with hors d’oeuvres catered by Spencer’s.
Business casual attire
Reservations are required. Please RSVP by calling 760-773-1460 by April 1.