- Construction begins on the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower.
- Sammy Davis, Jr. concert raises $1.2 million to establish Bob and Dolores Hope chair in Medical Education at the Annenberg Center.
- Ambassador and Mrs. Walter H. Annenberg donate an additional $1 million for development of the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences.
- Eisenhower Medical Center Pathology Laboratory accredited by College of American Pathologists; school for medical technologists established.
- Cancer care program accredited by American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Groundbreaking for Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower. Plans call for a $4 million, 60-bed chemical dependency facility as a "logical extension" of Eisenhower Medical Center's acclaimed outpatient alcoholism program.
- Dedication of the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower.
- Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower hosts first medical conference.
- First angioplasty performed at Eisenhower Medical Center.
- First audio and video teleconference conducted at the Annenberg Center is beamed live by satellite to 14 cities.
- Vice President George Bush dedicates the Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower.
- Emergency room expands to 12-bed capacity.
- Former President Gerald Ford dedicates Hal B. Wallis Research Facility.
- Betty Ford Center opens third 20-bed wing.
- Mr. and Mrs. Gene Autry donate $5 million for expansion of Autry Tower.
- Eisenhower Medical Center receives grant from Arthritis Foundation for education and research.
- Construction begins on Uihlein Administration Building.
- Groundbreaking and dedication of the Cork Family Pavilion at Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower.
- HomeCare program launched at Eisenhower Medical Center.
- George Burns concert raises $2.25 million for Eisenhower Medical Center.
- Eisenhower Immediate Care Center opens in La Quinta.
- Governor George Deukmejian dedicates Autry Tower.
- Groundbreaking for Barbara Sinatra Children's Center at Eisenhower.
- Construction begins on Thomas J. Bannan Professional Building.
- Eisenhower Medical Center institutes a chaplaincy program through which clergy of all faiths volunteer to serve at the hospital on a 24-hour on-call basis
- Groundbreaking for Dolores Hope Outpatient Care Center.
- Uihlein Administration Building dedicated.
- First Magnetic Resonance Imaging system in Coachella Valley installed at Eisenhower.
- Thomas J. Bannan Building completed.
- Fisher Hall at Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower dedicated during the Center's fourth anniversary weekend.
- Barbara Sinatra Children's Center at Eisenhower opens.
- Eisenhower Immediate Care Center opens in Cathedral City.
- Medical Teleport Earth satellite uplink, provided by Mr. and Mrs. Alex Dreier, installed at the Annenberg Center.
- Barbara and Marvin Davis MRI Building dedicated.
- Former President Gerald Ford dedicates Dolores Hope Outpatient Care Center.
- Eisenhower Medical Center acquires Peter Lake Memorial Oncology Center.
- Construction starts on $11.7 million John L. Sinn Emergency Wing.
- Dolores Hope, chairman of the Board of Trustees, announces a $5 million challenge grant by former Ambassador Walter Annenberg and his wife. The grant will fund construction of a $15 million emergency medical services complex.
- Third Barbara Sinatra Children's Center at Eisenhower conference on child sexual abuse is held.
- Eisenhower Medical Center performs first lithotripsy procedure.