Neurology is a highly integrated department of neurologists, all Board Certified, with expertise in different subspecialties including neuromuscular, vascular neurology, and behaviorial neurology.
Eisenhower Neuroscience Institute has the area's only staff with the comprehensive depth and breadth to treat every neurological condition. The department offers state-of-the-art expert consultative, diagnostic and therapeutic services for a wide variety of diseases involving the nervous system, including (among others):
- Headache disorders (migraines)
- Neurodegenerative disorders (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
- Brain tumors
- Neuromuscular disorders (peripheral neuropathy, myasthenia gravis)
- Traumatic brain injury
- Cerebrovascular disease (including ischemic stroke and cerebral hemorrhage)
- Infections of the brain and nervous system
- Sleep disorders
- Spinal disorders (such as low back and neck pain)
The neurology department enjoys collegial relationships and integrated programs with the divisions of neurosurgery, neuro-rehabilitation, neuro-radiology and others. The department's goal is to provide each patient with the best up-to-date neurological care available to achieve the best outcome.