Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy Improves the Way You Move
Health is something often overlooked or taken for granted until it is taken away. Whether it is an acute injury, a surgery or progressive pain, physical therapists assist patients to restore and regain a pain free, optimally-mobile quality of life.
Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Center (EDOC) Physical Therapy Department emphasizes collaboration to assist with restoring your health. Orthopedic physicians and physical therapists work together to develop patient plans and protocols to ensure the highest quality of care for each patient.
Our EDOC physical therapists and physical therapist assistants are highly skilled and specifically educated in orthopedics with years of outpatient experience. Working closely with EDOC physicians to develop patient plans and protocols, therapists often shadow physicians during patient office visits, surgeries and procedures to expand their clinical skills. During the initial evaluation with a physical therapist, a personalized treatment plan is developed to meet the patient’s specific needs.
This team approach allows us to deliver the highest quality of skilled care and allows easy
access to treatment times.
When is Physical Therapy Needed?
Physical therapy may be needed prior to and after surgery, as well as instead of
• Physical therapy is often recommended by an orthopedic physician as a means to avoid surgery altogether.
• For joint replacement patients, physical therapy prior to surgery helps accomplish better outcomes after surgery.
• Post-surgical physical therapy is often prescribed to strengthen and regain muscle movement around the affected joint.
EDOC Physical Therapy Features
• Two convenient locations with more than 6,000 square feet of treatment space.
• Private treatment areas.
• Over a dozen therapists with a combined 125 years of treatment experience.
• Patient plans and protocols developed in collaboration with EDOC referring physicians to ensure quality of care.
• Expanded learning by therapists through shadowing physicians during patient office visits, surgeries and procedures.
• Comprehensive physical therapy evaluations to formulate a specific, individualized treatment plan for each patient.
• Ninety percent patient satisfaction, as scored by third-party evaluation (Press Ganey).
• In the case of joint replacement surgery, one time pre-operative visit to formulate a specific
strengthening program prior to your joint replacement.
Your health is our primary focus and our therapists can assist you with your goals when your quality of life is impacted by an injury or surgery.
Call 760-773-4545 for more information.