Eisenhower Phillip and Carol Traub Parkinson's Center
Established in 1995, Eisenhower's Phillip and Carol Traub Parkinson's Center is virtual center with services provided across the valley for patients with Parkinson's and their families. Our Center is recognized for the expertise of its clinicians and for its personal and compassionate care. The goal of our Center is to provide a multidisciplinary team approach tailored to the specific needs of the individual patient and the family.
- Physicians: Seymour Young, MD, and Samir Macwan, MD, both neurologists are available for appointments and both have backgrounds in treating Parkinson's patients. With offices located in Palm Springs, you can reach them by calling 760-773-4560.
In addition to its expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of Parkinson's disease, our Center offers a number of programs for patients and caregivers including:
- Personal Empowerment support group sessions at which patients and caregivers meet separately to talk about the impact of Parkinson's disease on their lives. Guided by a trained facilitator, participants share their feelings and experiences in a confidential and supportive environment.
- PD in Motion, a program of exercises designed specifically for Parkinson's patients, that helps maintain optimal motor function, increase muscle strength and improve balance and gait.
- LSVT® BIG — Lee Silverman Voice Treatment BIG program is an intensive therapeutic exercise program for Parkinson's and other neurological conditions.
Other Eisenhower Medical Center services - such as physical, occupational and speech therapy, the Balance Institute, and nutritional counseling - also are available through the Center and often play an important role in the treatment regimen.
As the number of patients continues to grow, fundraising plays an increasingly important role in ensuring that our Center is able to provide the quality care for which it is renowned. Tax-deductible contributions made on an annual basis, in honor or memory of a loved one, or in recognition of a special occasion, are always welcome. For more information about making a donation call 760-773-1888.
- For more information call 760-773-1444.