you can do right now as part of your wellness routine
1. Have a Tea Party Invite friends or kids from the local neighborhood. Let them help you prepare the tea cakes, scones, little sandwiches and of course, the tea.
2. Spring Clean Your Medicine Cabinet Gather all prescription medications, and put them in a bag. Review the medicines with your health care provider to make sure you still need them and to see if there are new alternatives available.
3. Stop Slouching We spend hours at our computers, crunching our heads on the phone, slouching as we text. May is national Correct Posture Month. Straighten up!
4. Try Quinoa A good source of dietary fiber and high in protein, quinoa is gluten-free and easy to digest. Quinoa is also one of only a few plants that yield a complete protein with all the essential amino acids. It is a great alternative to rice or couscous.
5. Calculate your Ecological Footprint Find out just how green your lifestyle is by visiting lowimpactliving.com. The "impact calculator" will get you started, but the Web site is filled with important energy information and great conservation tips.