Medicare, Part D — Prescription Drug Plans AC
M, Oct 22, 2 to 3 p.m.
Barbara Smith, LVN, and Susan Heggie, Manager, Eisenhower Indian Wells Healthy Living Resource Center
Call 760-568-1234 to register.
Sleep — What’s Keeping You Awake? TC
W, Oct 24, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
Jill A. Sanderson, RPSGT, REEGT, RST, Manager, Sleep Center and Neurology Departments
760-969-7770, extension 7560
Early Stage Breast Cancer Treatment Options LC
TH, Oct 25, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Iliana Popescu, MD, Medical Oncologist*
760-834-3798. Complimentary dinner; register by Oct 23. Read More
Living Well with a Cancer Diagnosis LC
M, Oct 29, Noon to 1:30 p.m.
Beth Mulligan, PA-C, Stress Management Specialist
760-834-3798. Complimentary lunch; register by Oct 26. Read More
Progress in the Treatment of Lung Cancer LC
TU, Nov 6, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Davood Vafai, MD, Medical Oncology*
760-834-3798. Complimentary light dinner; register by Nov 5. Read More
Holistic Health Experience LQ
W, Nov 7, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Patricia Avila, MD, MPH, Eisenhower Wellness Institute
Details at emc.org/calendar.
760-610-7205. Food and spice tasting; register by Nov 6. Read More
Lifestyle Secrets to Live Long and Healthy AC
F, Nov 9, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Various lectures and a health expo. Details at emc.org/calendar.
760-568-1234. Register by Nov 8.
CALENDAR KEYMost classes and lectures are free and early registration is recommended. For a full listing of lectures, events, programs and support groups, visit emc.org/calendar. Online registration is available for most events.
- AC Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower
- LC Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center
- MZ Mizell Senior Center, Palm Springs
- TC The LGBT Center, Palm Springs
Would you like to have someone from Eisenhower Medical Center speak to your organization on a health-related topic? Please contact Vanessa Shanks at 760-834-7956 for more information.
- read more...
Many simple dietary changes may help to improve your cholesterol level.
Here are 10 basic tips to get you started:
Limit high fat meats except fatty fish
• Focus on lean meats such as white meat chicken or turkey or fish
• Fatty fish is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids and should be included in the diet
Limit whole milk dairy products
• Use 1% low fat or nonfat dairy products from cheeses to yogurts
• Substitute low fat milk or soy milk in coffee
Limit intake of egg yolks
• Eat more egg whites and fewer yolks
• Try egg beaters or liquid egg whites
• Try scrambled tofu instead of scrambled eggs
• “Stretch” eggs with 2 additional whites to every 1 egg read more...
- read more...