Indian Wells Healthy Living Resource Center
Take Charge of Your Health!
A free membership club for both permanent and seasonal desert residents is offered at the Eisenhower Indian Wells Healthy Living Resource Center in Rancho Mirage and at the Eisenhower George and Julia Argyros Health Center in La Quinta. Offering a variety of health-related programs and services, the goal of the Center is to promote healthy lifestyles through education, information, and screening programs.
The Eisenhower Healthy Living Resource Center Offers:
- Tai Chi, balance, strength and stretch core, arthritis and yoga classes
- Nutritional education classes
- Classes, lectures and programs are held at multiple locations in the valley
Health Education and Information
- Subscription to Healthy Living magazine, published three times a year
- Physician referral to Eisenhower’s primary care doctors and specialists online at emc.org/physician, or call 760-568-1234
- Numerous lectures on a variety of health care topics throughout the year
- wired.MD™ online videos and printed material on disease prevention, diagnoses, treatments and procedures. The information is easy-to-understand and available in several different languages
- Information on local resources maintained in a 100+ page Community Resource Guide (available online)
- Information on Eisenhower-sponsored support groups
- Advance Health Care Directive forms and Vial of Life Emergency Medical and Personal Information packets
- Brochures on medical and health topics; aging and senior issues
- One-on-one counseling by California Department of Aging HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program) counselors on Medicare coverage, Medicare supplements and prescription drug plans. (The Center does not offer an insurance program, nor does it endorse any health or medical insurance programs.)
- Resources for information about independent and assisted living facilities
Discounts for Members
To qualify for a discount or special offer, each individual member must show a Healthy Living membership card.
- Eisenhower's Café 34, Einstein Bros.® Bagels, Collectors Corner and Eisenhower Medical Center Gift Shop
- Participating restaurants and other businesses in the Valley. (See the Member Discounts page link on the right of this page.)
To become a member of the Eisenhower Healthy Living Resource Center, or for more information about our programs and services, please call our staff today!
- Eisenhower Healthy Living Resource Center